Osso BucoCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Medium
This famous Italian dish originates from Milan and has several variants. Everyone knows from the famous scene of the movie “The Godfather” when one of the film’s protagonists, while waiting for the executioner, asked his wife to prepare him osso bucco as the last meal of his life.
Osso bucco a la milanese served with risotto is the most famous.
1 veal knuckle
2 spoons of sharp flour
1 dl of white wine
1 small onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 bay leaf
100g of butter
- Cut the beef shanks into rings.
- Sprinkle with salt and flour and fry in oil until golden brown.
- Take them out, then add wine to the oil and wait for it to evaporate.
- Add tomato paste, bay leaf and boil.
- Return the meat.
- Continue cooking on low heat for 2 hours.
- Finely chop the bacon pancetta, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, parsley, a little lemon zest and fry everything with a little oil and add to the osso bucco.