BracioleCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Difficult
Braciole is a classic southern Italian beef dish with many variations. Today it is also made from pork.
800g of rump steak
100g of prosciutto
4 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
4 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
1 bunch of parsley
50g of crushed pine nuts
2 teaspoons of raisins
1 head of onion
1 stalk of celery
1 clove of garlic
1 glass of red wine
400g of chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon of sugar
- Cut and pound the meat.
- Put prosciutto on each piece of meat, then sprinkle breadcrumbs, parmesan, parsley, pine nuts and raisins.
- Roll into rolls and tie with string or fasten with toothpicks.
- Fry them in oil until they get a golden-brown color and take them out.
- Wash and cut the vegetables.
- Add chopped onion, carrot, celery, garlic, parsley to the oil in which you prepared the rolls and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add wine and insert meat rolls.
- Cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add tomatoes, a glass of warm water, salt, pepper and basil.
- Simmer over low heat and add more water if necessary.
- This dish is served with boiled polenta, mashed potatoes or with pasta.