Minestrone SoupCourse: SoupsCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
This is a traditional Italian soup. It was prepared back in the days of ancient Rome. It is delicious and has been warming Italians for centuries.
It can contain meat or it can be a completely vegetarian soup. It is healthy and very tasty. It contains vitamins and has decorative colors.
100ml of Carapeli olive oil
200ml Mutti pelata, (tomato sauce)
3 cloves of garlic
1 red onion
2 sprigs of celery
1 peeled onion
½ can of red beans
1.5 liters of chicken or beef broth
5 spoons of parmesan cheese
Pasta (if desired).
- Wash and cut vegetables.
- Pour oil into a larger pot, heat it and add chopped vegetables.
- Stew for 10 minutes.
- Add broth.
- Let it boil, then cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and beans.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
- If you are adding pasta, then boil for another 5 minutes.
- Add Parmesan.