BiancomangiareCourse: DessertCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
Biancomangiare is a traditional Sicilian delicacy. It has been prepared in Sicily since the 12th century.
1 liter of milk
250g of sugar
100g cake starch, thick
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
100g of dark chocolate
- Heat the milk with sugar.
- Mix the thickener in a little cold milk.
- Pour the mixture into the milk.
- Combine all the ingredients so that there are no lumps and cook on moderate heat until the mixture begins to curdle but it must not boil.
- Pour the mixture into containers moistened with cold water.
- Melt the dark chocolate and pour it over.
- Cook fruit as desired with sugar.
- Pour over the fruit syrup.
- Garnish with ground pistachios.
- Leave to cool for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.