ToroneCourse: DessertCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
This sweet has a long history. It was created in 1441 in honor of the wedding of Bianca Maria Visconti and Francesco Sforza.
350g of brown sugar
450g of honey
1 dl of water
1 tablespoon of glucose
2 egg whites
500g of nuts
- Mix honey, brown sugar, water and glucose.
- Cook until it reaches 140 degrees.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff, then slowly pour the hot caramel sauce into them.
- Mix for 10 minutes with a mixer.
- Chop walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts.
- Add chopped walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts.
- Immediately pour into a tray lined with paper and floured.
- Leave to dry overnight.