Regions in Belize
- Northern Belize
The Corozal (coastal) and Orange Walk (inland) districts.
- The Belize District
This is where the largest city, airport and a number of popular offshore islands are located
This central district is bursting with adventure and filled with jungle, caves, rivers, Mayan ruins and much more.
- Stann Creek
Coastal area south of Belize district, access to quiet reef islands and boats to and from Honduras.
Southern coastal/interior region with more Mayan ruins and boats to Guatemala.
Cities in Belize
- Belmopan – Inland Capital
- Belize City – Belize’s largest city on the Caribbean Sea.
- City of Corozal
- Crooked tree
- Dangriga – Large Garifuna town in the south, formerly known as Stann Creek Town.
- Hopkins – Garifuna Village
- City Orange Walk
- Punta Gorda – Beautiful and quiet southern port town; home to an intricate and diverse indigenous weekend market.
- San Ignacio – Called Cayo by the locals, Mayan and Hispanic influence near the border with Guatemala.
Other destinations in Belize
- Ambergris Caye – large barrier island to the north.
- Caye Caulker – small barrier island in the north.
- Placencia Peninsula – long peninsula (almost an island) off Stann Creek.
- Tobacco Caye
- Lighthouse Reef Atoll
- Altun Ha
- Advertisement -