Liechtenstein is a small country, located between Austria and Switzerland, with numerous attractions, and we present some of them.
*Liechtenstein has one of the world’s lowest crime rates, with the last murder occurring approximately in 1997 and its prison holding very few inmates. Citizens who are given prison sentences longer than two years are transferred over to Austria. The crime rate is so low that the average Liechtenstein resident reportedly doesn’t even lock his front door.
* Switzerland unintentionally invaded Liechtenstein, when about 170 Swiss infantry soldiers wandered across the unmarked border for more than a mile into Liechtenstein before realizing their mistake.
* Once a year, all the residents are invited to a garden party in a Vaduz castle to have a beer.
* Liechtenstein’s capital city, Vaduz, has a population of around 5,425.
* Liechtenstein is the world’s leading manufacturer of false teeth. A company called Ivoclar Vivadent leads the world in false teeth manufacturing, accounting for 20 percent of the total sales worldwide.
* Five years ago you could rent the entire country for one night. The scheme, which was hatched between lodging site Airbnb and Liechtenstein, provided you with accommodation for 150 guests, a wine with the Prince and your own temporary currency. The satisfaction cost $ 70,000.
* The anthem of Liechtenstein “Oben am jungen Rhein” has exactly the same melody as the British anthem “God Save the Queen”.
* Although German is the country’s official language, most residents speak an Alemannic dialect that is very different from standard German.