Cities in Ethiopia
- Addis Ababa – Addis Abeba is the capital of Ethiopia and one of Africa’s largest retail cities.
- Adama (also known as Nazret or Nazareth) – popular weekend destination near Addis
- Axum (Aksum) – In the extreme north, Axum (Aksum) is the home of ancient tombs and stelae fields.
- Bahir Dar – monasteries on Lake Tana’s islands and the stunning Blue Nile Falls nearby
- Dire Dawa – the second largest city; in the east
- Gondar – some of East Africa’s only castles
- Harar – ancient walled city near Dire Dawa
- Lalibela – 11 magnificent rock-hewn churches may be found here.
- Mekele – a town in the Tigrayan Highlands in the north
Other destinations in Ethiopia
Ethiopia ranks among African nations such as Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania, and Zambia in terms of conserving and maintaining national parks as tourism attractions. The country’s southern and south-western regions have outstanding natural beauty and a high tourist potential.
- Abijatta Shalla Lakes National Park
- Awash National Park
- Mago National Park
- Omo National Park
- Rift Valley lakes – seven lakes that are a popular weekend getaway for Addis residents, great for birding, water sports or relaxing at the luxury resorts
- Simien National Park
- Sodere – spa resort