- Gran Chaco
The great wild and semi-arid plains of the northwest of the country.
- Paraná Plateau
The forested highlands of eastern Paraguay, along the Paraná River, where the second largest city, Ciudad del Este, is located, right across from the Iguaçu Falls.
- Paraneña North
- Southern Paraneña
This is the centre of the country’s population, in and around Asunción.
- Asunción – the capital
- Ciudad del Este – this bustling border town is also Paraguay’s gateway to the Iguazu Falls.
- The Incarnation and its Jesuit mission The Holy Trinity of Parana and Jesus of Tavarangue
- Filadelfia – the county seat of Boquerón, founded as a Mennonite settlement.
- New Australia – a late 19th century Australian colony in the southern part of the country.
- San Bernardino – Paraguay’s busiest resort, east of the capital.
- Trinidad – a small village near Encarnación, famous for the Jesuit ruin Santísima de Trinidad de Paraná, the only UNESCO World Heritage Site in Paraguay.