Things To Do in Saint Lucia
- Sulphur Springs – just south of Soufriere, these hot springs are one of the island’s main attractions. The hot water flows into a pool, so don’t forget to pack your swimsuit and take a dip!
- Climbing Gros Piton is an achievable goal for most people. The trail starts at about 180 m above sea level and requires about two hours of moderate to strenuous hiking to reach the summit at about 800 m above sea level. The descent takes another hour and a half. Guided tours are required and entry costs US$30. You can use taxis or local buses to get to the starting point of the hike.
- Snorkelling is popular and a number of beaches are suitable for it.
- Diving – on Pigeon Island, one of the island’s historic sites, and among the Pitons, a World Heritage Site. (758) 484 3346/ (758) 285 7354.
- Zipline – Several courses are offered on the island. The courses in the northern part of the island are more complex and offer views of the tropical forests. The course in the Morne Coubaril area, near Soufrière, is easier and offers views of the Pitons.
- Advertisement -