Things To See in Switzerland
- Chillon Castle: Castle near Montreux
- The Lavaux vineyards: on the shores of Lake Geneva
- The castles of Bellinzona: in the south of the canton of Ticino
- St. Gall Abbey
- The summit of Europe and the Sphinx Observatory: a “village” with a post office on the Jungfraujoch, 3,500 metres above Wengen
- Grande Dixence: a 285-metre-high dam, south of Sion
- The Landwasser Viaduct: on the railway line between Chur and St. Moritz.
The Seven Wonders of Nature
- The Matterhorn: seen from Lake Schwarzsee, the Gornergrat or simply from the village of Zermatt
- The north faces of the Jungfrau and Eiger: two of the most famous mountains in the Alps, which can be seen from the Lauterbrunnen Valley or from one of the many surrounding peaks that can be reached by train or cable car.
- The Aletsch Glacier: the longest in Europe. The Aletsch forest is located above the glacier, which is best seen from the summit of Bettmeralp.
- The lakes of the Upper Engadine: In one of the highest inhabited valleys in the Alps, near Piz Bernina, the lakes are all visible from Muottas Muragl.
- Lake Lucerne: seen from Mount Pilatus, above Lucerne
- Lake Oeschinen: a mountain lake above Kandersteg
- The Rhine Falls: the largest in Europe, where you can take a boat to the rock in the middle of the falls.
- Advertisement -