Festivals & Holidays in Monaco
- Monaco Grand Prix (Grand Prix de Monaco), +377 93 15 26 24, e-mail: [email protected] The most well-known Formula One Grand Prix is held on the streets of Monaco. It is also one of Europe’s most important social events of the year. Every year in mid-May, the Automobile Club of Monaco stages this magnificent Formula 1 event. The Grand Prix lasts 78 circuits through Monte Carlo’s most tight and twisty streets. The closeness of the fast Formula One vehicles to the race fans is the primary draw of the Monaco Grand Prix. The thrill of roaring engines, burning tires, and desperate drivers adds to the excitement of the Monaco Grand Prix, making it one of the most thrilling races in the world. On race day, there are almost 37,000 seats available for purchase on the track, with prices ranging from 310€ (at Boulevard Albert 1er) to 600€ (at Casino Square). Monaco residents often rent out their terraces for the four-day festival, with rates ranging from 8000€ to 140,000€. During the off season, you may stroll around the circuit. The path is well indicated on tourist office maps, but believers won’t need them! Those who can afford it may also take a trip around the track in a high-performance vehicle.
- Festival International du Cirque (International Circus Festival), 5 Avenue des Ligures. Every year in January, this spectacular circus event takes place. The world’s top performers in their respective fields compete. 30-190€.
- Monte Carlo Tennis Masters, +377 97 98 70 00, e-mail: [email protected] This event is held each year at the end of April at the Monte Carlo Country Club in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin, just outside of Monaco. Rafael Nadal has the record. Single-day prices range from 25€ to 185€.
- Top Marques Monaco, 10, Avenue Princesse Grace (Held in the Grimaldi Forum), +377 97 70 12 77. An expo showcasing luxury airplanes, automobiles, banks, boats, footwear, handbags, jewelry, real estate, and wine. The utilization of the nearby Formula 1 Grand Prix racetrack to show vehicles in action and perform test drives distinguishes Top Marques Monaco from other automotive exhibits. Adults pay 36€-50€, while children pay 18€-25€.
- Rallye Monte Carlo, +377 93 15 26 00, e-mail: [email protected] Perhaps the most well-known rallye event in the world. The rallye’s stages take place in and around Monaco and the French Riviera. The vehicles congregate in the “tire fitting zone” in Casino Square on the day before the first stage. Every year in late January, this event is held.
- Monaco Yacht Show (MYS), Route de la Piscine (Entrance close to the swimming pool), +377 93 10 41 70, e-mail: [email protected] Every year in September, Port Hercules hosts one of the world’s largest superyacht exhibitions, with approximately 130 vessels on display. Stroll along the blue carpet along the harbourfront and gaze at boats with a combined net value of nearly $3 billion. 150€ (for a one-day ticket. Just make sure you have a few million dollars on hand if you want to purchase anything.)