Regions in Luxembourg
Luxembourg is split into three administrative districts, each of which has 12 cantons and 106 communes.
- Diekirch District (Diekirch, Clervaux, Ettelbruck and Vianden)
- Grevenmacher District (Grevenmacher, Echternach, Mertert, Remich and Schengen)
- Luxembourg District (Luxembourg, Esch-sur-Alzette and Mersch)
Cities in Luxembourg
- Luxembourg is the Grand Duchy’s capital.
- Colmar-Berg – Berg Castle, the main home of the Grand Duke of Luxembourg, is located in this little town.
- Diekirch is the location of a World War II museum dedicated to the Battle of the Bulge.
- Mondorf-les-Bains – On the Luxembourg-France border, there is a spa town with a gaming “Casino.”
- Remich – Promenades along the Moselle are popular.
- Schengen – renowned for the treaty signed there, the site was most likely selected because of its proximity to both the French and German borders, as well as its natural beauty.
- Vianden – A charming little village dominated by a magnificent château.
Other destinations in Luxembourg
Because of its magnificent wooded slopes, the Mullerthal, also known as Luxembourg’s Little Switzerland, is a popular hiking, cycling, and photography destination.