Cities in Kuwait
Kuwait is divided into six governorates, each of which has numerous regions. The majority of Jahra, Ahmadi, and Mubarak al-Kabeer are residential areas with little tourist attractions.
- Capital – is where Kuwait City, the capital is located.
- Jahra – 30 minutes northwest of Kuwait City by car
- Ahmadi- 30 minutes
- Hawalli – the closest southern Suburb, about 10 minutes by car
- Farwaniya – 20 minutes
- Mubarak al-Kabeer – 25 minutes
Other destinations in Kuwait
- Shuwaikh is a 15-minute drive south-west of Kuwait City. Industrial district featuring a plethora of businesses, the majority of which specialize in home products.
- Dajeej is around 20 minutes by vehicle south of Kuwait City. Industrial zone with a diverse selection of both contemporary and classic stores (e.g. carpets, fabrics, household goods).
- Salmiya is a 10-minute drive from Kuwait City. Commercial and residential neighborhood featuring a variety of malls, restaurants, entertainment venues, and the beach.
- Rai is the location of the Avenues, the Middle East’s second largest retail mall.