Cities in Bhutan
- Thimphu – The capital city
- Jakar – Administrative city to the north and birthplace of Buddhism in Bhutan.
- Mongar – One of the largest cities in eastern Bhutan.
- Paro – The location of the international airport and Taktsang Monastery.
- Punakha – Former winter capital of Bhutan. It hosts the Monastic Body in winter.
- Phuentsholing – A town on the Indian border. The point of entry for travelers arriving by bus from Kolkata.
- Samdrup Jongkhar – An administrative town in the southeast, near the Indian border.
- Trashigang – A picturesque administrative town in the east.
- Trongsa – A small administrative town famous for its dzong and the Tower of Trongsa
Other destinations in Bhutan
- Jigme Dorji National Park
- Jigme Singye Wangchuck National Park
- Royal Manas National Park
- Thrumshingla National Park
Wildlife sanctuaries/Nature reserves
- Bomdeling Wildlife Sanctuary
- Khaling Wildlife Sanctuary
- Phibsoo Wildlife Sanctuary
- Sakteng Wildlife Sanctuary
- Toorsa Strict Nature Reserve