Cities in Sudan
- Khartoum — the national capital, which also consists of Omdurman and Khartoum North (Bahri)
- Al Ubayyid
- Gedaref capital of Gedaref state
- Nyala — capital of Darfur
- Port Sudan — Sudan’s main Red Sea port
Other destinations in Sudan
- Jebel Barkal is an ancient Egyptian/Kush ruins site that includes the remains of numerous temples, palaces, and pyramids. The property has been designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Mero is an old Nubian royal city on the Nile’s banks with approximately 200 pyramids. The property has been designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.