Sights & Landmarks In Port Elizabeth
- Donkin Reserve. Rufane Donkin and his wife Elizabeth are remembered as the city’s namesakes. The public may visit the lighthouse, which was completed in 1861. Here is where the Office of Tourism for the Province of Prince Edward Island is located.
- Townships: The Tourist Information Center offers planned trips. However, there is a safety problem with township visits.
- Alexandria Dune Fields. The communities of Colchester and Cannonville, just outside of PE, are home to the world’s biggest coastal dune field.
- Tour Nelson Mandela Bay City, Dickens Street, Central Port Elizabeth,+27 41 373-7758. See Town Hall, Feather Market Hall, the Old Post Office, Fort Frederick, Donkin Reserve, Settlers Park, and the Horse Memorial all in one fabulous tour.
- Wezandla African Arts and Crafts Gallery, 27 Baakens Str, +27 41 585-1185, fax: +27 41 585-1186. Browse African Art