Destinations in Sierra Leone
Cities in Sierra Leone
- Freetown — Freetown is the nation’s capital and is located in the western portion of the country.
- Bo — second largest city and capital of the southern region
- Bonthe — A peaceful and beautifully decaying ancient administrative town on Sherbro Island.
- Kabala — Kabala is a little village in the northern highlands that is secluded from the rest of the world.
- Kailahun — Furthest East town and district capital
- Kenema — Kenema is a major city in the country’s eastern region.
- Koidu — Another town in the east, the Kono district’s diamond mining center.
- Makeni — Fast developing town in the north
- Magburaka — Former capital of the northern area and terminus of the defunct railway line is Magburaka.
- Port Loko — On the major route to Guinea, close to the mining regions.
Other destinations in Sierra Leone
- Banana Islands — Banana Islands is a popular tourist destination in Sierra Leone, with its beautiful tropical island setting.