Cities in Congo
- Brazzaville — the Republic of the Congo’s capital The Congo River separates it from Kinshasa, the capital of the neighboring Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Ouésso is a transportation center in the country’s extreme north, amid a region dotted with Pygmy settlements.
- Owando – one of the country’s most recently municipalized towns, and one of the finest locations to visit in the Republic of Congo’s north.
- Pointe Noire — a port city on the coast.
Regions in Congo
While the Congo’s regions are varied, there is one constant: the thick Congo Rainforest covers about 80% of the nation.
- Coast and Mayombe
- Congolese Plateau
- Niari Valley
- Sangha and Likouala
Other destinations in Congo
- Conkouati Reserve
- Ile Mbamou Island is a government-owned island approximately an hour’s drive from Brazzaville.
- Lefini Reserve is the most well-known reserve in the nation, abutting Lesio-Louna to the north.
- The Lesio Louna Gorilla Reserve is a park north of Brazzaville devoted to gorilla conservation in the Congo.
- Mount Fouari National Reserve
- Nouabalé-Ndoki National Park Is the biggest and most remote of Congo’s national parks and reserves, situated in the extreme north bordering the Dzanga Sangha National Reserve of Central African Republic.
- Odzala National Park — the country’s most famous national park.
- Tiger Fish Congo Camp. You may visit the Tiger Fish Camp to catch the world’s largest tiger fish – the heaviest fish ever caught there weighed 56kg!