If you like outdoor activities, pack any necessary equipment, such as picnic snacks, golf clubs, and athletic clothes. Every piece of equipment accessible locally is prohibitively pricey. Additionally, photographic equipment and facilities are accessible at twice the price in the United States. The following clubs/hotels accept membership fees:
- Tennis Club (Close to roundabout going to Maya Maya Airport). The facility has ten illuminated clay courts, a squash court, a swimming pool, and a huge bar. Balls are provided for free. This club is situated on a dirt road near to the National Stadium’s access route.
- Brazzaville Golf Club, +242 528 3643, +242 663 7127. The club maintains a well-kept nine-hole course (which may be converted into an 18-hole course with the creative use of tees) with sand greens. It is located on the grounds of the WHO regional offices, about 20 minutes south of Brazzaville, and has a breathtaking view of the Congo River and rapids.
- Laico Maya-Maya Brazzaville Hotel. Monthly memberships are available for usage of the tennis courts and pool.
- Olympic Palace Hotel. Monthly memberships are available for usage of the tennis court and pool. Olympic’s monthly prices are much more than those at the Laico Maya-Maya Brazzaville Hotel.
- Poto Poto’s market is fantastic. This is the quarter of West Africa.
- The Bakongo district is ideal for strolling; at night, there are several plastic-chaired bars and street food vendors to select from.