The country code for Namibia is 264. A two-digit area code is assigned to each city or region. Prefix the area code with a ‘0’ when dialling long distance inside Namibia. Mobile phones are widely available and operate on the GSM network, which uses the same frequency as Europe and the rest of Africa. All large cities offer Internet cafés, and hostels often have connection as well.
Festivals & Events
The public holidays in Namibia are:
- January 1. New Year’s Day
- March 21. Independence Day
- Easter weekend. (“Good Friday”, “Easter Saturday”, “Easter Sunday” and “Easter Monday”): a four day long weekend in March or April set according to the Western Christian dates.
- May 1. Workers Day
- May 4. Cassinga Day
- May 25. Africa Day
- August 26. Heroes’ Day
- December 10. Human Rights Day
- December 25. Christmas Day
- December 26. Day of Goodwill (Family Day)