Prior to your travel, make sure you have all of your regular immunizations, including polio, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, MMR, and typhoid (check with your doctor). If you are traveling via a country where yellow fever is prevalent, you will be asked to provide evidence of yellow fever vaccine before being admitted to Madagascar.
Antananarivo (IATA: TNR) and Nosy Be are the two main international airports in Madagascar (IATA: NOS). Air Madagascar (“AirMad”) is Madagascar’s national carrier, with flights to and from Johannesburg, Paris, Marseille, Bangkok, and Guangzhou.
- AirLink flies to Johannesburg on a daily basis.
- Flights to and from Europe are available through Paris on Air France or Corsair .
- Air Austral (French) flies from Paris to Madagascar. Flights often connect in Reunion Island.
- Air Mauritius. flies to and from Europe.
- Kenya airways flies to and from Europe and Africa on a regular basis through Nairobi.
- Air Seychelles from Europe via Mahe.
- Comores Aviation from Moroni.
- Turkish airlines from Istanbul
Toamasina on the east coast and Mauritius through Reunion used to be the sole regular connection. This service has been stopped “until further notice” since December 2014.