Cities in Guinea
- Conakry — capital
- Dalaba — Because of its moderate weather and beautiful landscape, this tiny town has been nicknamed the “Switzerland of Guinea.”
- Kankan — the second city
Other destinations in Guinea
- Fouta Djalon — Fouta Djalon is a beautiful woodland and farmed valley area suitable for trekking through Fulani communities or looking for waterfalls.
- Loos Islands — The Loos Islands, near Conakry, are a favorite weekend getaway for expats. They are wooded islands with sandy beaches.
- National Park of the Niokolo-Badiar (Parc National du Niokolo-Badiar) — During the dry season, the savanna near the Senegalese border is home to antelope, monkeys, lions, and leopards.
- The Mount Nimba Strict Nature Reserve is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that is split between Guinea and Cote d’Ivoire.
- National Park of the Upper Niger (Haut Niger National Park) — Hippos, elephants, buffaloes, chimps, and waterbuck live at the Niger River’s headwaters.