Sights & Landmarks In Conakry
- Conakry Grand Mosque. It was built in 1982 by Guinea’s first president, Ahmed Sékou Touré, and is one of the biggest in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Conakry Botanical Garden.Known for its kapok trees
- Monument du 22 Novembre 1970. The triumph of the attempted coup led by Portuguese forces in 1970, known as Operation Green Sea, is commemorated.
- Palace of the People (Palais du Peuple).
- Soumba waterfalls (A two-hour trip from the city, just beyond Dubreka.) Swim to get your hunger going. There is also a restaurant where you can have a delicious lunch while listening to the roar of the water in the background.