Asmara’s nightlife is frequently seen as calmer than that of most other nation capitals, however there is a decent selection of local bars. Prostitution is legal and widespread.
- Mocambo, Downtown (Look for the basement).
- Warsai. It’s a bit out of the way and a little sleazy.
- Asmara Palace Hotel’s Green Pub. On Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday evenings, there are discos.
- Benifer, The Expo Grounds.
- Shamrock. popular among UN personnel
- Zara Bar, is located near the Blue Bird restaurant. A favorite hangout for expats.