Museums & Galleries In Alexandria
- Alexandria National Museum, Latin quarter, +20 3-4835519, +20 3-4838035. The History Museum houses over 1800 archaeological artifacts arranged chronologically: the basement is devoted to prehistoric and pharaonic times; the first floor is devoted to the Graeco-Roman period; and the second floor is devoted to the Coptic and Islamic eras, with an emphasis on artifacts discovered during recent underwater excavations.
- Graeco-Roman Museum, Latin quarter, +20 3-4865820, +20 3-4876434. Closed. A history museum with a sizable collection covering the Ptolemaic and Roman eras, mostly from the third century BC to the third century AD. Since 2008, it has been closed for renovations.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Moharram Bey, +20 3-3936616. It is adorned with several royal and priceless jewels.
- National Institute For Oceanography & Fisheries, Anfoushi (beside Qait Bey), +20 3-4801499.Aquarium and museum displays.
- Royal Jewelry Museum, zezenia, +20 3-5828348. It houses a large number of royal and valuable jewels. Following renovations, it was just reopened to the public.