- Kenya Airways currently flies straight from Nairobi three times each week, connecting with flights to London, Dubai, Mumbai, and Paris.
- Air Austral operates flights from Paris and Marseilles, with an aircraft change at Saint Denis, Reunion.
- Inter Iles Air operates numerous weekly flights from Mayotte to Anjouan and Moroni.
- Yemenia Airways operates four flights each week to Sana’a, Yemen, with connections to all important cities.
- The African Express links Mombasa and Dubai.
- Precision Air operates three flights each week from Tanzania.
- Air Madagascar operates almost daily flights from Madagascar.
Freighters depart from both Zanzibar and Madagascar. These are generally less expensive than flying, although they take longer and have fewer predictable departure times. To capture them, you must first locate the boat captain in the harbor and negotiate costs. If you negotiate hard enough, you may be able to obtain passage for €100.